THE CHURCH IN BRIEF
Glory be to God in the highest for his love endureth for ever. This church which marked her 60th anniversary in year 2012 started in the house of Mr. E.A. Ishola at No. 58, Ipaja Road, Agege as a preaching stations of Gospel Baptist Church Eko, pastures then by Revd. E.A. Atilade in 1952.
The first leader of church was Mr.A.O. Folaranmi from the mother church. Due to logistic reasons the church moved from her location to Mr.Kola Ogundimu’s house at 7,Sadik Street, Papa Uku Agege. Mr Osunmakinde became the church leader in 1957 while Mr.E.A. adeosun assisted him. The lord provided the land on which the church is located on 14th december,1957. That same year,the mantle of leadership fell on Mr.E.A. Adeosun when people from Lagos ceased to come again and he was there still 1960 when he traveled abroad.
The decision to stand on our own change the name of the church from Gospel Baptism Preching Station to Union Baptism Church ,Agege and to join Lagos Baptism Association as well as Nigeria Baptism Convention was taken in 1957, but the church was not formally organise untill January 27,1963.
In October 1960 Mr. J.L. Ayinde became the leader of the church succeeding. Mr E.A Adeosun who traveled abroad for further studies. The first convention in session the church attended was the one held in Ibadan between 25th April and 22nd May,1964.